Let’s talk money.
We understand that when you need a solicitor, the prospect of fees can be daunting.
That’s why we’ll always be open about costs. Wherever possible, we agree the legal fees in advance for the whole of a case (or for each stage), so that you know where you stand and can plan accordingly.
Or, if it works better for you to agree an hourly rate, we can do that too.
AFFORDABLE. FLEXIBLE. RELIABLE.
Your initial consultation, either face-to-face or by phone, is completely free.
If you decide to go ahead, we’ll agree costs and work out a payment schedule that suits you – whether that’s up front or via regular instalments.
However you choose to pay, when you instruct our solicitors you know exactly what you are buying. You’re buying a service that’s tailored to your needs, the expertise of professionals who seriously know their stuff, and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you are in the safest possible legal hands.
If you are prosecuted for a criminal offence, and are acquitted, it is usually possible to recover all or part of your legal expenses. We can tell you more about this if it applies to your case.
Costs relating to motoring law
At Regan Peggs Solicitors, one of our specialisms is motoring law.
With around 25% of our work relating to this area, we have experience dealing with cases across a full range of complexity.
See our Motoring Practice Area page for more information about how we can help you.
Your motoring case will be dealt with by one of our experienced solicitors or paralegals:
- Regan Peggs – Regan is a solicitor and advocate with specialist experience in motoring law, qualified to represent clients in Magistrates’ Courts, Crown Courts, tribunals and senior courts. He founded Regan Peggs Solicitors in 2015, after a decade spent at two of the most respected law firms in the Midlands.
- Jayne Skeates – Jayne is a dedicated, talented, and professional Solicitor with over 30 years’ experience of working in many jurisdictions within the legal profession.
- Gemma Tibbatts – Gemma is an experienced trainee solicitor at the firm. After graduating with a first class honours degree in Law in 2016, Gemma successfully completed her Legal Practice course and Masters in Law in 2017, both with distinction. Before joining Regan Peggs Solicitors, she worked as a paralegal in the criminal department of one of Birmingham’s largest law firms.
- Charley Gee – Following graduation, Charley joined Regan Peggs Solicitors in 2020 as an administrator. Charley prospered in the role and, having shown passion and skill, achieved a promotion to paralegal in 2021.
Basic and administrative aspects of cases may also be dealt with by our interning paralegals, who join the firm on a regular basis from Birmingham City University.
Indicative costs for motoring cases are as follows:
- Guilty plea £600 +VAT
- Basic trial £750 +VAT
- More complex trial £2,000 +VAT
Appeal costs are generally within a similar range.
All fees are based on our standard hourly rates of £200-250 for solicitors, and £100-150 for paralegals. All fees attract VAT (20%).
These figures do not include travel to outside courts.
For Crown court cases, costs are often covered by insurance providers. In the event that this is not possible, we will agree costs up front.